Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Odd Jobs

Alright, I haven't been quite as productive as I had hoped, but over the past few days, I've been finishing or rather, continuing, several odd jobs around the house. Caulking, casings, patching floors, moving and outlet, scraping old paint, cleaning, etc.

Part of my excuse for the slow progress is that the "shop" is FREAKING COLD! As you may know, the shop is in the unheated, and uninsulated garage, which also has large gaps around the garage door (like 2" or more at the top), and around the side door. So currently it's -16°C (2°F). I just went out to start cutting some parting bead, and I had to get back inside after a few minutes (I'll head back out when I can feel my hands again).

Brrrr.

A bunch of stuff that needs to be worked on, unfortunately, need to be made/cut in the shop. For trim it's not so bad, since it's quick trips, but for things like cutting plywood, it's a slow process with lots of setup, so today is just too cold. It wasn't too bad a few days ago, since it was much warmer.

Expect a picture post in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment