Sunday, September 25, 2011

"L Room" Floors (Part II)

Well, so much for "in a few weeks". Guess what I did early this morning? Hehehe. I was actually up freakishly early for a Sunday morning. Generally, on the weekends, I don't get up until around 11am or so. If I'm SUPER exhausted, I'll even sleep until 1-2pm, but that's rare. This morning, however, I was up at 7:30am! I was going to go back to sleep, but I tossed and turned and decided to get up.

I decided to tear out the rest of the floor before showering and getting fully dressed (since I'd be covered in grime).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Note the area around the furnace vent (or rather, where a proper vent should be). They actually cut the board badly, and they had to add a patch to it. the rest of the board, and the following board were also loose and damaged, so in the next photos you'll see that they're gone.

Photobucket

The entire area around the vent is in poor shape, and it almost looks like they patched this flooring before, since it's cut and matched funny in this area. I'll probably just replace a whole section and redo it properly.

Photobucket

This last portion (like several others around the staircase) had to be cut against the edge of the wall, since they built the wall over the 1/4" plywood (and also over the floating laminate floor in the MB closet area).

Photobucket

Thank GOD for my "multi-tool"/flush-cut saw. It's probably the best tool I've got other than my trusty pry bar! No other two tools have gotten as much use during the renos so far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that I have more room to work around in the room (from moving boxes/furniture) I can probably fix the windows, install my special trim mouldings, and work on the baseboards.

These two photos will show you just how much fun I'll be having, working on these two windows. I have no idea what the heck they did to these or why, but it looks like they troweled-on some drywall compound. There's also tons of bumps, nails, staples, and chipped paint. These are the two worst (and last) windows in the house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment